The Church of Christ at Goodyear is a group of believers
that is bound together in Jesus Christ. We are a family that loves the
Lord and each other, and as such, our fellowship is one of love, joy, and
kindness. By no means are we perfect, but we serve Christ who is perfect
and through him we believe that we can do anything. Our mission is the
same mission that Christ gave to the first century church, which is to
"teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the
Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matthew 28:19).
The Church of Christ at Goodyear believes in the teachings of the Bible. We believe that the bible is the inspired Word of God and as such it is the only guide we must draw from to tell us what God would have us to do to be saved and stay saved. Because it is inspired by God, the Word of God is without error and is truth. We have no man made creeds or doctrines and draw all of our beliefs entirely from biblical teachings. The Bible is the only authority or standard for living our lives according to God's will for us.
The Bible (Our Only Creed)................
* Is God's final and complete revelation (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:3; Jude 3)
* Will judge all men (John 12:48) and will never pass away (Luke 21:35)
* Contains truths that can save us sinners (John 8:31, 32, 51)
* Can totally change you life for the better (Luke 8:5-15) because of its life-giving relevance to our needs (Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23)
The Church is God's family. The Church is not a building or a place. It is made of all of those who have chosen to place their faith in Jesus by putting on Christ in baptism. These people are His followers (disciples). The bible tells us that Christ came to this earth and He promised to establish His one and only Church (Matthew 16:18). Since He established the Church it belongs to Him. He is the head of the Church and his disciples are the body (Colossians 1:18). As such the Church carries his name, the church of Christ (Romans 16:16).
The Lord's Church
* Only one established by Jesus Christ(Matthew 16:18; Acts 2; Ephesians 4:4)
* Was purchased by the blood of Christ (Acts 20:28)
* Jesus is the its only Savior and head (Ephesians 1:22, 23; 5:23)
* Reproduced today by planting the pure Word of God (Luke 8:11; 1 Timothy 3:15)
* Denominational division is contrary to God's plan (John 17:21; 1 Corinthians 1:10)
Because Christ is the only Savior, He and only He has the authority to tell us what is required of us to be saved and added to His church. We need salvation because we have all sinned. This sin separates us from God and there is nothing that we can do on our own to restore our broken relationship with God. There is no amount of service, good deeds, or goodness that can mend this relationship. It is only when we come into a covenant relationship with Jesus can we make this relationship whole. If we want to come into a covenant relationship with Jesus we must have our sins forgiven. If we want to be forgiven we must repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of our sins and He will add us to His church (Act 2:38-47).
WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?
* Hear God's Words (Romans 10:17)
* Believe in Jesus as God's Son and man's Savior (John 1:12; 3:16; 8:24; 20:31)
* Repent of your sins (Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38; 17:30)
* Confess that Jesus is your Lord (Romans 10:9-10; 1 Timothy 6:12; Matthew 10:32)
* Be Baptized for the remission of sins into Christ (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-5)